Home / Travels / Brazil (Manaus) 2007 
Located in the middle of the Amazon jungle, it's the last place in Earth you expect to find a 1.5 million people city. Manaus is not about rubber anymore, now it is high tech industry which propels this city.Not exactly Rio for sure, but is's a good starting point for exploring the Amazon river.
- Centre of Manaus; colonial architecture along with modern buildings
- Same same - but different
- More shanty
- Due to its location, Manaus has to import a lot of stuff.
- One of many shipbuilding yards in Manaus
- Wouldn't take a roundtrip in this one
- Bringing home some goods
- Hotel Tropical, a touch of luxury
- View from Hotel Tropical
- A piece of Amazonan harmony..
- And there was rain forest..
- Amazonan life - past or present??
- And here come.. the Snake Girls!!
- Monthy Python, held by Ana Conda